Let's greet a stranger in Japanese

greet

Let's greet a stranger in Japanese


I named this blog "KoremoJP". When "KoremoJP" is translated into Japanese, it becomes "これも日本".

The word "これも" means "That is ~, and this too." in English.




はじめまして Hajime mashite
はじめまして Hajime mashite

I'm not a teacher, so I can't teach you Japanese systematically. All I can do is to tell you "There is Japanese like this.".

I intend to write about that in this blog in the future.


For those who want to practice writing Kanji , Hiragana and Katakana, I will introduce this Japanese site.



ちびむすドリル(Chibimusu drill)

https://happylilac.net/kisetsu-sozai.html

ちびむすドリル
ちびむすドリル (Chibimusu drill)




This site can be used without membership registration and print forms can be downloaded for free. As a general rule, non-commercial use and personal use are permitted.

This site is not multilingual, but if you understand the meaning of "幼児", "小学生" and "中学生", I don't think you will get lost when you use it.


幼児 - Less than 6 years old
小学生 - from 6 to 12 years old
中学生 - from 12 to 15 years old
高校生 - from 15 to 18 years old



Next, I will talk about Japanese used in greeting.


「はじめまして(hajime mashite)」
"Nice to meet you."



「お目に掛かることが出来て私はとてもうれしいです(ome ni kakarukoto ga dekite watashi wa totemo ureshii desu)」
"I am very happy to be able to meet you."



This is a greeting to meet new people.


The sentence "お目に~" is usually omitted because it only needs to be said when the other person is important to you. Or it can be like this.


お会い出来てうれしいです(oai dekite ureshii desu)

"Nice to meet you."



When you say your name with a greeting, you say this.


私の名前は~です(watashi no namae wa ~ desu)


"My name is ~."


This is another polite expression. It is usually sufficient to say:.

~といいます(~to iimasu)


"My name is ~."


Do people shake hands when they greet each other in Europe and America? We don't shake hands in Japan. However, Japanese shake hands with people who are related to business.


In general, we bow instead of shaking hands. It is a slight bow.


Next, I will explain the word ” I ”.


There are several types of " I " in Japanese, many of which refer to men.


僕(boku)
This word is widely used by everyone from boys to adults, but it sounds a little strange when grandfather uses it.


私(watashi)
This is the most common name used by people of all ages. This word is unisex.


俺(ore)
Both boys and grandfathers use this word, but it gives the impression of being bossy. It is no problem to use it for conversation between friends.


ワシ(washi)
This word is more violent than "ore," so only grandpa usually uses it. Or Japanese yakuza use this...


あたし(atashi)
This is a word that "watashi" has changed and is used only by women.


As you can see, there are several words in Japanese that mean "I," but it's better to use "I" when you greet someone.


See you.


Note: CVさとうささら

YouTube

YouTube
Japanese Onomatope Introduction

Attention

The source of COVID-19 is Asia, but not Japan.
Please get the right knowledge and protect you and your family from the virus.

Categories

Blog Archive

Author

My photo
日本で生まれ育った地球人です。I am a Earthling born and raised in Japan.

QooQ